It’s a new year and the fridge where I work is overflowing with well-meaning salad lunches. Bless! It’s that time when we all go and re-read my favorite women’s fitness site, Stumptuous. A serious, no-nonsense, feminist, weight-lifting fitness blast of freshness.
We change more than we think we will: Why You Won’t Be The Person You Expect To Be.
The fabulous Lily Burana writes about body aspirations, judging Miss Exotic World, and not quite fitting into your dream pinup dress in Sexy Dresses That Barely Fit. “Darlings, it’s later than you think. Always. But there’s still plenty of time. Slip the red dress from the hanger. Tuck the silk flower behind your ear. Hide the scale and head out the door. The rest of your one and only life is waiting.”
I only beg to differ about the silk flower. Last year I wanted to hang recycled bullet necklaces on everyone…this year, I’m convinced there’s a leather flower for everyone. Rockabilly red roses, goth black and blue roses, adorably retro vintage leather flowers, quirky NZ pohutukawa and kowhai, ragged modern chrysanthemums.
- NZ Petalcraft has those pohutukawa and kowhai in leather! (Over on Felt she’s got a smaller shop that includes leather hair bows.)
- Beautifully lush leather roses from a maker in Latvia.
- Search Etsy for real vintage leather flowers (lilies! trilliums!)
- Leather flower hair clips are fun and flexible.
- Beautiful and durable leather flower necklaces and hairbands.
- Custom made in any color you like by this maker.